Due to the continuing need for social distancing we have moved our summer programs to a digital platform. We hope you will be able to join us for these enriching and enlivening programs!
Museum of York County and Historic Brattonsville are offering live programs on Zoom.
Please register below and join in!
We are offering these FREE virtual programs to help our community continue to learn about the nature and culture of the Carolina Piedmont. Please support our work by making a donation here.
Historic Brattonsville • Time Travel Tuesdays • 10:30 a.m.
- 7/7 – Nothing but Indian Corn Meal: Food in the Carolina Piedmont
- 7/14 – Tory Tuesday: Loyalists in the Carolina Backcountry
- 7/21 – From Sun-Up to Sun-Down: The Enslaved at Brattonsville
- 7/28 – Drest in White of Their Own Spinning: 18th and 19th Century Textile Production
Museum of York County • Wonderful Wednesdays • 10:30 a.m.
- 7/1 - Wonderful Wednesday: Stories Fossils Tell
- 7/8 – Wonderful Wednesday: Over and Under the Pond
- 7/15 – Wonderful Wednesday: Under-cover Ramble
- 7/22 – Wonderful Wednesday: Reptiles & Amphibians: Secret Lives
- 7/29 – Wonderful Wednesday: Beat the Beasts
- 8/5 - Natural History Trivia: Piedmont Edition
Main Street Children's Museum • Messy Maestros • 10:30 a.m.
Let’s get messy this summer! Messy Maestros is going virtual on Facebook Live. Each Thursday morning, our early childhood educators will host a different live virtual art activity you can enjoy from the comfort of your home using a pre-purchased kit.
Art kits are available for purchase below with curbside pickup from the Museum of York County on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 – 4 p.m.
Art Kit 2 • July 16 & 23
Art Kit 3 • July 30 & August 6
Art Kit 4 • August 13 & 20
July 2 & 9 with Art Kit purchase deadline of June 26
July 16 & 23 with Art Kit purchase deadline of July 10
July 30 & August 6 with Art Kit purchase deadline of July 24
August 13 & 20 with Art Kit purchase deadline of August 7
Main Street Children's Museum • Themed Month Activities
- July is Bubble Month! Keep an eye out throughout July for some bubble-tastic posts from the Main Street Children’s Museum on Facebook and Instagram. Our early childhood educators will bring the bubbles to Facebook Live July 24th at 10:30 a.m.
- August is Water Month! Be on the lookout in August for water-themed activity ideas and games on MSCM’s Facebook and Instagram pages. Our early childhood educators will go live on Facebook August 28th at 10:30 a.m. with some watery fun!
The Culture & Heritage Museums received a Bridge Grant from South Carolina Humanities, www.schumanities.org. Funding for the Bridge Grants has been provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act economic stabilization plan.