Southern Sound Series
Bringing the Soul of Americana to the Heart of the Carolina Piedmont!
Throughout its long history, the McCelvey Center Theater has provided students and area residents access to the performing arts. The historic theater seats over 500 guests, has a lovely 1920s ambiance and is noted for its remarkable acoustics.
The Lowry Family Theater at the McCelvey Center is the setting for an annual music series, showcasing established and emerging Southern musical acts. Past performers include Doc Watson, Ralph Stanley, the Carolina Chocolate Drops and the Steep Canyon Rangers.
Call 803.909.7242 to order tickets.
Tickets may be purchased by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Gift Certificates are also available.
Tickets are non-refundable.
All exchange privileges are subject to availability. Call 803.909.7242 for more information.
Should you lose your ticket, please contact the scheduler as soon as possible.
- House opens 1 hour prior to curtain.
- Photography, video and/or audio recording is strictly prohibited during performance at the theater.
- Phones should be set to silent modes. If patrons must take a call during a performance, please go to the lobby for the comfort of the audience and performers.
- Restless or crying children should be taken to the nearest exit, where ushers will be available for assistance. Patrons are asked to be sensitive to audience comfort.
- Handicapped-accessible restrooms are located on the second floor. Handicapped seating and parking available.
- Food and beverages are not allowed inside the Theater.