|Date:||November 17, 2018|
|Time:||11:00 am—5:00 pm|
|Location:||Museum of York County|
Explore our new nature-themed exhibit packed with fun, hands-on activities that highlight ways for kids and families to appreciate and experience their natural world.
• Enjoy the hands-on Naturalist Center tables which will expand on the exhibit theme of piedmont life cycles and food chains.
• Discover lichens and then test your knowledge by looking for them inside our new exhibit and outside along the trail. (weather permitting)
• Get close to some of the common snakes found in the Carolina Piedmont 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Experience the seasonal constellations during the Carolina Skies planetarium show at 2 p.m.
• Visit our “Naturalist’s Tools of the Trade” station and try some tools out.
• Join the Leave No Trace activity in the Piedmont Past Gallery
• Learn how naturalists and scientists collect, preserve and study the world around them. Presentation by Natural History Curator, Dr. Steve Fields at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
• Benefit the Museum of York County by purchasing a copy of “In Your Nature: Ponderings of a Carolina Piedmont Naturalist”, a compilation of nature articles that Dr. Steve Fields wrote for York County Magazine 2006-2016; there will be an opportunity for book signing at the Museum Gift Store.
Admission: $8 Adults | $7 Seniors | $5 Youth (4-17) |Free for CHM Members & 3 and younger